Welcome to SifWiki
This site is a collection of docs and how-to's that hopefully are of use to others. They're mostly the results of my experimentation with software, hardware, coding and hacking of things. You'll find Arduino, Electronics, Solar Power, Home Automation, Linux, OSX and various other subjects here.
Some pages may be in a note format as I progress my way through a project, please feel free to email me with questions!
- http://wiki.siftah.com/RRDTool_Monitoring - Basic traffic monitoring with RRDTool and iptables, this should now be deprecated by the excellent Munin package, but the technique is perhaps a useful exercise for the reader and the page still gets hits so it must be useful to someone.
- http://wiki.siftah.com/Split_An_XML_File_Into_Chunks - Just a hacky little script I found on the net and improved a little, useful for chunking large XML files into smaller sections, whilst maintaining the structure.
- http://wiki.siftah.com/Cisco_7960G_IP_Phone_on_Asterisk - By far the most popular page on this site, how to get the Cisco 7960 IP Phone working with Asterisk.
- http://wiki.siftah.com/Rdesktop_Gnome_RDP_Mapped_Drives - How to map a drive using the GNOME RDP client with rdesktop to a remote Windows desktop session.
- http://wiki.siftah.com/IPhone_3G_3GS_USB_Cigarette_Lighter_Socket_Charger - Hacking a dumb charger to charge an iPhone or other 'smart' USB device.
- http://wiki.siftah.com/VPNUK.net_SmartDNS_Updater_Script - A little script using PHP to update VPN UK .Net's SmartDNS IP address, handy for keeping a headless box running get_iplayer.
- http://wiki.siftah.com/RFRemotech_RR2LN_433_mhz_rf_Protocol - Using RFRemotechs' RR2LN Relay control modules with Arduino and a basic 433mhz wireless transmitter via RCSwitch.
- http://wiki.siftah.com/Status_RCS-K09_Control - How to control this common 433mhz remote sockets via an Arduino and RCSwitch.
- http://wiki.siftah.com/DX_433Mhz_Wireless_Door_Contact_248919 - Using a DealExtreme wireless door contact with Arduino and RCSwitch.
- http://wiki.siftah.com/Arduino_433mhz_RF_Network_Controller - Arduino based, networked RF controller for 433mhz devices.
- http://wiki.siftah.com/Gardena_T1030_Water_Timer - Controlling the Gardena T1030 Water Timer from an Arduino.
QuadCopters, Drones, MultiRotors & Remote Control
- http://wiki.siftah.com/Eachine_Racer_250_CleanFlight_Motor_Mapping - How to re-map the motors using mmix in CleanFlight for the Eachine 250 Racer.
- http://wiki.siftah.com/BangGood_SP_Racing_F3_Mini_Clone - The BangGood SP Racing Mini F3 is a clone with a `broken` barometer, here's how to `fix` it.
- http://wiki.siftah.com/Cleanflight_Motor_Mapping - Motor Mapping
- http://wiki.siftah.com/GoalZero_Guide10_Plus - Review of my experiences with the GoalZero Guide 10 Plus
- http://wiki.siftah.com/GoalZero_Nomad_13 - Review of my experiences with the GoalZero Nomad 13 Solar Panel
- http://wiki.siftah.com/Brown_Dog_Gadgets_Folding_USB_Solar_Cell - Review of the Brown Dog Gadgets Folding USB Solar Cell.
Mac OSX Hackintosh
- http://wiki.siftah.com/Hackintosh_Dell_Latitude_E6530 - Config tips for getting a Dell Latitude E6530 running OSX.
- http://wiki.siftah.com/Hackintosh_GigaByte_GA-EP45T-UD3LR - OSX 10.9/Mavericks install on a GigaByte GA-EP45T-UD3LR.
- http://wiki.siftah.com/Fixes_swt_jar_CrashPlanDesktop_Pro_e_Crash_after_splash_screen - My CrashPlanPro Desktop client was crashing under Fedora Core 19 shortly after displaying the splash screen.
- http://wiki.siftah.com/getTimezoneOffset - "Object Date(0, -1, 0, 0, 0, 0) has no method 'getTimezoneOffset'"
- http://wiki.siftah.com/SQLDeveloperMSSQL - Make Oracle SQLDeveloper work on OSX with MSSQL
If you feel the need to say thanks, feel free to donate some coin;
Site hosted with the rather excellent Digital Ocean (Affiliate link). Good prices, reliable hosting, excellent interface. Recommended!