Welcome to SifWiki
This site is a collection of docs and how-to's that hopefully are of use to others. They're mostly the results of my experimentation with software, hardware, coding and hacking of things. They may be incomplete, unfinished or a work in progress, take them as you find them and if you feel the need to say thanks, feel free to donate some coin;
BitCoin: 1MdqkqBgKyMqSG5cm143y1z9dKKUzC1nTd LiteCoin: LP8ySNiAmMdp8smx1M7Ptmujf8aV37BkK2
Site hosted with Digital Ocean
- http://wiki.siftah.com/RRDTool_Monitoring - Basic traffic monitoring with RRDTool and iptables, probably now deprecated by the excellent Munin package, but the technique is perhaps a useful exercise.
- http://wiki.siftah.com/Split_An_XML_File_Into_Chunks - Just a hacky little script I found on the net and improved a little, useful for chunking large XML files into smaller sections.
- http://wiki.siftah.com/Cisco_7960G_IP_Phone_on_Asterisk - By far the most popular page on this site, hopefully still useful.
- http://wiki.siftah.com/Rdesktop_Gnome_RDP_Mapped_Drives - How to map a drive using the GNOME RDP client with rdesktop to a remote Windows desktop session.
- http://wiki.siftah.com/IPhone_3G_3GS_USB_Cigarette_Lighter_Socket_Charger - Hacking a dumb charger to charge an iPhone or other 'smart' USB device.
- http://wiki.siftah.com/GoalZero_Guide10_Plus - Review of my experiences with the GoalZero Guide 10 Plus
- http://wiki.siftah.com/GoalZero_Nomad_13 - Review of my experiences with the GoalZero Nomad 13 Solar Panel
Mac OSX Hackintosh
- http://wiki.siftah.com/Hackintosh_Dell_Latitude_E6530 - Config tips for getting a Dell Latitude E6530 running OSX.
- http://wiki.siftah.com/Hackintosh_GigaByte_GA-EP45T-UD3LR - OSX 10.9/Mavericks install on a GigaByte GA-EP45T-UD3LR.
- http://wiki.siftah.com/Fixes_swt_jar_CrashPlanDesktop_Pro_e_Crash_after_splash_screen - My CrashPlanPro Desktop client was crashing under Fedora Core 19 shortly after displaying the splash screen.
- http://wiki.siftah.com/getTimezoneOffset - "Object Date(0, -1, 0, 0, 0, 0) has no method 'getTimezoneOffset'"